Big Dog Car & Truck Show
On October 26th the first annual car & truck show event was held at Grayson Bible Baptist
Church in Sherman. In spite of the threat of rain (and occasional thunderstorm), 52 vehicles
entered competition and $3,000 was raised to benefit the dogs. Those car people don't let a
little bad weather keep them inside.
The following people helped with funds and/or hard work to make this a success for our
• Karen & Gary White planned and organized the event.
• Rev. Roy Webster & Associate Pastor Charles Hamilton with the church provided
the space and facilities for use by participants.
• Robert & Kita Hempkins of Hempkins Insurance in Denison were sponsors.
• Bruce Melton & Katiebeth Worrell of Melton Financial Group (Wells Fargo Advisors)
• Randy & Kathy White and son, Ryan manned the raffle table and wrapped the
vehicles in tickets, selling more than $500 in tickets for the 50" HDTV.
• Ray & Dharla Wall of Auto Restorations & Customs in Gainesville brought several of
their cars and made a generous donation to ARFhouse
• Tammy Gumaer provided the food trailer (and everything they prepared was
• Julie Smith and her therapy dog ("Thor") attended to give obedience training and
show "Thor's" excellent manners and training.